Morrotober

Day Nine

Morro ducked the stream of water aimed at him and flew away to a safe distance. "You think you're Master Wu's new favorite, huh?" he taunted, hovering high over Stiix. "You think he won't abandon you like he did me?

"What are you talking about?" The Water Ninja shot more water at him, but it didn't go far enough to reach him. "You're the one who abandoned him!"

His face fell into a snarl. "I left because he had no more use for me!" Morro shouted.

He summoned the wind and tried to blow Nya off her feet, but she stood firm. "Do you really think he only kept you around to be useful?" she said. "When you left, he mourned you. He loved you."

The tornado slammed into the docks where she had just been standing. Nya landed hard on her side and scrambled to her feet, but Morro's attacks were wild and uncoordinated. "He didn't love me!" he screamed. "I'm only a failure to him!"

"He loved you like a son."

"You don't understand!" Morro sent wave after wave of wind at Nya, who made a rapid retreat. "You couldn't understand! He didn't care about me! He couldn't give me what I needed! You can't–"

The Preeminent's growing presence brought him back to reality. Morro stopped, using his powers only to keep himself aloft. The Water Ninja was only a distraction. Morro needed to focus.

He set his jaw and flew toward the building that held the Realm Crystal.

Day Eight | Morrotober Index | Fanfic Home | Day Ten