Morrotober

Day Five

"Now this!" Morro said, catching the wind in his sails and watching the clouds speed by. "This is sailing!"

Nya glared at him, clutching the side of the boat with a death grip. "I'd like to see you on the water, ghostie," she snapped. "I hate Shintaro."

Morro cackled and pushed the airsail faster. Rationally, he knew why Wu and the ninja had insisted on not letting him fly it by himself, even if King Vangelis had given permission, but he wasn't going to hold back for Nya's sake. He pulled back on the ropes and rose higher in the sky, the sun shining through the sail and reflecting on the–oh, that was definitely the sound of retching back there.

"What's the matter, Water Ninja?" he said. "Feeling skysick?"

"Shut up," Nya said, and went back to vomiting in the airsail.

"Gross." Morro slowed down. "You could just go over the side, you know."

She took a deep breath. "Yeah, and get it all over some random guy in Ninjago?"

"We're in the mountains, there's no one there."

"Fine, I'll get it all over some random eagle's nest."

Morro wrinkled his nose. "Then it's the eagle's problem, not ours. We'll have to wash this out when we get back."

"Just have your fun," Nya said. "Don't worry, I'll be fine."

He shook his head. "I'm heading back. Next time, I'll take someone who won't get sick over some clouds."

Nya rolled her eyes. "Take Jay with you, he'll get a kick out of being this high in the sky again."

"Again?"

"Are you heading back or not?"

When Morro brought Nya's suggestion up to Jay, the color drained from his face and he quickly excused himself. Morro sighed and resigned himself to the ground for the rest of their stay.

Day Four | Morrotober Index | Fanfic Home | Day Six